|Add Job free|
Mott MacDonald (Team Leader Water and Sanitation)
- Category: Libya Jobs
- Created: Thursday, 20 April 2017 15:24
Contract Type :Contract
Work Pattern :Full-Time
Recruiter Contact :Rutger Voorrips
Country :Egypt, Iraq, Libya, Sudan
Global Region :Africa
Water, Waste Water, International Development
Middle East / North Africa
Mott MacDonald is committed to improving people’s lives through creating and delivering tailored development solutions. We work in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy – while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity.
What makes us different is that we approach problems from a fresh perspective. As an employee-owned company, we have the freedom and independence of mind to find new ways to enhance human wellbeing and foster social and economic development through connected thinking.
To strengthen our water and sanitation international development team we are looking for an experienced Team Leader who can carry out the following tasks:
• Leading our Technical Assistance team, taking management responsibility for team activities and outputs and ensuring that all TA team members perform their tasks to the required standard;
• Advise and assist the Project Director regarding coordination of project activities and customer relationship management, as well as potential business development activities in the region;
• Advise and assist in all aspects of assessment of water and sanitation services delivery
• Manage the preparation of detailed engineering designs and associated contract and procurement documents
• Manage the implementation of construction works/procurement plan;
• Preparation of capital investment plans,
• Develop and implement overall Program capacity building plan and materials;
• Maintain liaison with relevant stakeholders and agencies
• Take overall responsibility for preparing a consolidated annual work plan and budget
• Develop a Project Implementation Manual as a set of guidelines for project implementation
• Take charge of implementation and supervision of project quality control system;
• Ensure that project accounts and required deliverables and reports are prepared in a timely manner;
• Supervise and update the project monitoring and evaluation system.
The Team Leader must have Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualifications, a Master degree or PhD would be an advantage.
He/She should have at least 20 years of professional experience in water and sanitation and in international development projects.
The Team Leader should have a proven track record in leading large consultancy projects, in project/programme management, technical advisory services and experience with capacity building and institutional reform.
Experience in the Middle East/North Africa is an advantage, as well as knowledge of Arabic, would be an advantage.