|Add Job free|
VAOS Limited (Human Resources - HoD )
- Category: Libya Jobs
- Created: Thursday, 20 April 2017 14:05
Position : Human Resources – HoD
Department / Division:Human Resources Department
Work Location :Tripoli – Libya
Rotation: 6 Weeks ‘on-time’ & 3 Weeks ‘off-time’
Job Summary: Plan, develop and implement strategy for HR management and development including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counseling, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, moral and motivation, culture and attitude development, performance appraisal and quality management issues.
Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of HR development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interviews job applicants and checks personal qualifications against job requirements, following information supplied as to general and specific or immediate needs, refers applicants to management and /or supervisory personnel for interview and approval, investigates references and handles details of employee
- Coordinates and participates in disciplinary or termination proceedings involving individuals Approves terminations and exercises care that reasons are well documented and are not arbitrary or discriminatory.
- Develops and supervises training programs and personally participates in new-employee orientation and indoctrination programs when
- Develops and administers employee training programs to assure maximum effectiveness of employees, develops programs of employee appraisal and review to assure that employee performance is evaluated and that employees are aware of their
- Sets up and maintains general control methods, records and files as required for effective personnel functions.
- Oversees preparation of job descriptions and compensation programs. Seeks incentive programs that encourage excellent performance and increase retention
- Works with top management to set long-term staffing goals and
- Manage a human resources department, overseeing administration of hiring, retention, termination, personnel records, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, and long-term staffing
- Responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating policies and programs covering employment, labor relations, wage and salary administration, training, placement, insurance and health benefits.
- Responsibilities include development and administration of personnel rules and regulations, pay and job classification structure, and programs for employee training, safety, health, and
- Conducts research into personnel activities and recommends changes or innovations when
- Assists in keeping employees informed of all changes in personnel policies, counsels with employees on personnel policies and personal
- Assists in the solutions and appropriate adjustments to complaints received from management personnel and
- Assures that company employment, safety, labor relations, personnel and equal opportunity policies and practices comply with the applicable labor laws, including the maintenance of necessary
- Oversees maintenance of accurate and complete personnel records. Ensures that rules concerning confidentiality and retention are
- Keeps abreast of legislation affecting human resources; trains management and monitors company policies to ensure
- Reviews benefits and tries to maximise job satisfaction while keeping the cost of the benefits package under
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive
- Work effectively, professionally and tactfully with diverse workforce, team leaders, senior staff and outside companies and
- Strategic planning, complex problem resolution and general management
Relationships: Internal: The post holder will be accountable to the Managing Director and will have daily contact with assigned personnel, PR Manager, Project Services Manager, Site Supervisors and other Managers and Supervisors.
External: Periodic contact with labor office officials, company lawyer, outside personnel-recruiting agencies, travel to work sites and occasional business travel.
Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in the same capacity across all HR disciplines, preferably experienced within the Oil and Gas Industry. A thorough knowledge of modern office practices and HR principles & procedures is essential.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related discipline – Master’s degree preferred.
- Outstanding ‘real-world leadership and management
- Heightened cultural awareness with an ability to build rapport easily and to cultivate relationships built on
- Excellent time-management, problem-prevention, negotiation and problem-solving
- Highly computer literate in the use of Microsoft Office and MS Dynamics
- Good Numerical and budgeting
- Excellent grasp of the English language: verbal and
- Physically robust, able to operate on own initiative in a challenging environment
- Open minded to change, new ways of thinking and constructive
- Inclusive by nature, good with people and able to understand how to motivate
- ‘Authentic’ in leadership style: self-aware, ethical, and self-regulatory, holding high moral
- Diplomatic with ‘political’ finesse: able to shape the views of
- A team orientated individual who is consistent in nature, with a good sense of
(Review: This Job Description is subject to review by the Company at any time and will be changed or revised as the Company deems appropriate.)
Notes: please write the Position in subject in your e-mail
*Please indicate that you found this position on https://libyaninvestment.com/ in your application.