|Add Job free|
IOM Libya (Project Officer -Community Stabilization)
- Category: Libya Jobs
- Created: Friday, 17 February 2017 15:21
Position Title : Project Officer (Community Stabilization)
Duty Station : IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 02 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (Community Stabilization), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for coordinating/supporting the implementation of projects and initiatives related to the peace consolidation, stabilization, reintegration of internally displaced persons (IDPs), capacity building and overall economic development in Libya, as well as assisting in project development to further expand the community stabilization programme. The portfolio will include direct project management and implementation support to all projects in the Community Stabilization (CS) portfolio.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed project implementation plans for project or project components, indicating key actions, milestones and deadlines to ensure that projects goals are achieved and services are delivered to
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities including financial, administrative, and technical oversight in line with IOM policies and practices, and donor
- Oversee the contracting of services and grants under the CS
- Coordinate activities with external project stakeholders such as local government counterparts, community representatives, partner agencies, implementing partners, donors and civil society as required, to ensure effective implementation of projects.
- Help identify operational challenges and viable solutions considering the remote implementation of the project and the volatile security situation in
- Support the CS Programme Manager in the supervision of and guidance to project staff and consultants in Tunis and in the
- Monitor project implementation progress against project scope, schedule and budget on a regular basis, to document and evaluate results, increase effectiveness and recommend appropriate
- Provide regular project progress updates, with key results and challenges to CS Programme Manager, and the Chief of Mission on the status of project and project components, identifying areas for improvement and recommending
- Draft regular internal and external reports, with adherence to project proposals, signed agreements and institutional reporting requirements of IOM and the donors, to provide an objective overview of programme implementation, and staffing and financial
- Draft and prepare presentations, talking points and briefings on project
- Project development and donor liaison, in close coordination with the Project Development Officer contribute to the design and development of new projects within the community stabilization portfolio and assist in donor
- Assist the CS Programme Manager in the development of IOM’s CS strategy and programming in Libya through the development of concept notes and project proposals, in consultation with the RO, HQs, the host government and other relevant
- Represent the Community Stabilization Programme and its projects towards donors, Government, and other relevant
- Engage donors as required on project design, scope, schedule, budget, financing and contractual
- Perform such other duties as may be
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political Sciences, International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs, Development Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional
- Experience in programme coordination and managerial responsibilities specifically in the humanitarian field relating to migration, returnees, refugees, IDPs issues, showing increasing levels of responsibilities;
- Experience in field-work in a challenging environment and community based stabilization and
reintegration processes necessary;
- Experience in Libya or other high risk environments required;
- Willingness to travel to very remote and isolated field locations and work in a diverse multi-cultural environment;
- Must be familiar with UN/IOM system;
- Strong and proven, analytical skills;
- Experience in implementation of “Do no Harm” based projects a distinct
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 02 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 17.02.2017 to 02.03.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/38 (P) -ProjectOfficer(CommunityStabiliztn)(P2)-IOMLibyainTunis,Tunisia (54973440) Released
Posting: Posting NC54976730 (54976730) Released