|Add Job free|
Cesvi (Programme Manager Libya)
- Category: Libya Jobs
- Created: Friday, 17 February 2017 15:04
POSITIONProgramme Manager Libya
CLOSING DATE26/02/2017 00:00:00
DURATIONUntil 31/12/2017, renewable
-At least 4 year experience in managing and coordinating programs
-Experience in working in remote management and consortia
-Experience in working with UN system and especially with UNHCR
-Strong communication and diplomatic skills, and demonstrated experience in networking and building effective partnerships
-Proven experience in personnel management
-Proven capacity in managing Donors' relations and in supporting and guiding the development of proposals and funds acquisition
-Strategic thinking and innovation
-Fluency in English (written and oral)
-Knowledge of Libya and MENA region (previous experience will be considered a plus)
-Knowledge of main donor's procedures and regulation and previous experience in cash transfer projects
-Strong experience in M&E
-Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel
-Knowledge of French and Arabic is considered a plus
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Cesvi works in Libya since 2011. Following the turmoil of mid 2014 the expatriate staff has been temporarily evacuated, guaranteeing the management by remote. From 2016 the remote management is done from Tunisia and is based on evaluation of existing situation. Cesvi plans to return with expatriate staff to Tripoli with a key initial staff, based on the on-going security assessment.
Cesvi provide a strength and enhanced integrated service in order to address the specific needs in term of protection of Refugees, Asylum Seekers and IDPs affected by the ongoing unstable situation in Libya. Ongoing emergency projects (cash transfer with protection components, child friendly spaces, distribution of NFIs) are implemented in Benghazi and Tripoli.
Due to the current situation in Libya, the Country office is based in Tunis in order to keep the coordination with the international partners and donor.
The Program manager has to coordinate, by remote, effectively and efficiently the key staff in order to properly implement the program in the country. The goal of the program is to enhance Protection Environment for Urban refugees and asylum seekers in Libya and the main activities are: cash assistance, Protection monitoring, outreach and Psychosocial support.
Main tasks will be: directly coordinate the program implementation (in Benghazi and Tripoli), maintain relations with INGOs partners, donors, Local Authorities and stakeholders.
The collaboration will start by first of February 2017.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with field visits for all programs if security will allowed.
The PM will work under the direct supervision of Head of Mission.
- S/He will directly plan programs activities.
- S/He will directly coordinate the intervention with the other INGOs partners.
- S/He will coordinate the Operational staff for the direct implementation and monitoring activities on the ground, number of local staff up to 40 and 2 expatriate staff (protection manager and protection assistant).
- S/He will be responsible, in accordance with the deadlines, of the projects reporting (activities planning, monthly program progress and project final report).
- S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning. ( total budget up to 1.300.000 euros).
- S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times.
- S/He will directly responsible of field staff recruitment and coordination.
- S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff team on an ongoing basis.
- S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors' and Cesvi procedures and rules.
- S/He will actively participate to the Sector Working Group.
- S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
- S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders