ACTED ( Project Officer Health Sector )
- Category: Libya Jobs
- Created: Tuesday, 10 January 2017 23:10
- Position: Project Officer Health Sector.
- Department: Program.
- Gender: Any.
- Contract duration: 12 months.
- Location: Benghazi.
- Starting date: 01-02-2017.
- Closing date: 20-01-2017.
- Master degree in public health, or field related to health
- At least 2 years of field experience in project management and coordination in health sector. Experience in organizing medical trainings is an asset.
- Good knowledge of legal framework of public health sector in Libya, governance of the health sector and standards of public health
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Being a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English and Arabic
The project officer role is to provide assistance to the deputy project manager in:
- Establishing and maintaining good communication/coordination mechanisms with:
o Benghazi Medical Center (and possibly others)
o Department of Health in Benghazi
o Health services in municipalities of Great Benghazi
o Civil society organizations and NGOs working in health sector in Eastern Libya
- Planning the activities related to the 3rd component of LASDR project “In the eastern region and through the establishment of international technical cooperation links, Local Authorities are better equipped to monitor the health sector, and medical centres are trained to improve the delivery of health services”,following ACTED procedures, and in coordination with national and international partners (Hospital of Poitier and association Thorax)
- Along with partners and FLAT team, organizing and following up all activities related to the 3rd component of LASDR project
- Along with partners and FLAT team, recruiting and following-up the relevant local consultants/experts working on the 3rd component of LASDR project (writing of Term of References, control of work and completion of activities, quality control, …)
- Ensuring the quality of the activities and the monitoring of key indicators
- Reporting regularly the activities to ACTED and partners
- Identifying best practices and lessons learned
Adding to the above responsibilities, the project officer shall cover the following:
- Researching, analysing and reporting on the institutional and legal framework related to health in Libya
- Liaising with CIL Communication Department and providing information and data for ensuring the best possible communication about the activities (ACTED and CIL Websites, Newsletters, News in Brief).
- On Demand,
o Assisting the implementation of other ACTED projects related to health
o Collecting primary and secondary datas on demand, especially related to health
o Meeting potential local partners, and participating in developing new projects and new strategies in the field of health
The project officer Health sector is based in Benghazi, with possible travels in Tunis and France for programing purpose, and regular travels within the region of Benghazi and East Libya when necessary, following ACTED security procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…)
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Closing date: 20th Jan 2017