|Add Job free|
ACTED ( Project Officer Construction and Civil Engineering)
- Category: Libya Jobs
- Created: Tuesday, 10 January 2017 23:07
- Position: Project Officer Construction and Civil Engineering.
- Department: Program.
- Gender: Any.
- Contract duration: 12 months.
- Location: Benghazi.
- Starting date: 01-02-2017.
- Closing date: 20-01-2017.
Background of the mission
Within the frame of the new EuropAid funded project “Support to Libyan Local Actors to improve Services Delivery and to better manage the Reconstruction efforts” (LASDR), ACTED is starting activities to support the recovery process of Benghazi and the local governance in the Eastern part of Libya. This project mainly will aim at:
- Supporting the planning and starting of reconstruction in Great Benghazi
- Supporting the return of IDP’s in Benghazi, through community stabilization projects
- Supporting the health sector in Benghazi
Supporting the university of Benghazi to develop curriculum and short term trainings for municipalities in East Libya.
- Master degree in Construction, civil engineering or public work
- At least 2 years of field experience in project management and coordination in Construction and civil engineering in Libya
- Experience with local public authorities in Benghazi is an asset.
- Good knowledge of legal framework of Construction and civil engineering sector in Libya, and standards and regulation in supervising public work
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Being a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…)
The project officer role is to provide assistance to the deputy project manager in:
- Establishing and maintaining good communication/coordination mechanisms with:
o Municipalities of Great Benghazi (and possibly others on the eastern region)
o Department of architecture in Benghazi university and other Higher Education facilities related to construction and civil engineering
o Department of housing and utilities in Great Benghazi
o Other relevant public sector department related to the rehabilitation projects
o Civil society organizations and NGOs working in service delivery to population in Benghazi
- Planning the activities related to the 1st component of LASDR project “Local authorities in the Great Benghazi Municipalities are empowered to plan and start the reconstruction process”,following ACTED procedures, and in coordination with national and international partners (Region Emilia Romagna and University of Bologna in Italy)
- Along with partners and FLAT team, organizing and following up all activities related to the 1st component of LASDR project
- Along with partners and FLAT team, recruiting and following-up the relevant local consultants/architects companies working on the 1st component of LASDR project, in charge of technical designing and following up of rehabilitation projects (writing of Term of References, control of work and completion of activities, quality control, …)
- Along with partners, FLAT team and consultants, recruiting and following-up the relevant local construction companies working on the 1st component of LASDR project (writing of Term of References, bills of quantities, control of work and completion of activities, quality control, …)
- Ensuring the quality of the activities and the monitoring of key indicators
- Reporting regularly the activities to ACTED and partners
- Identifying best practices and lessons learned
Adding to the above responsibilities, the project officer shall cover the following:
- Researching, analysing and reporting on the institutional and legal framework related to Construction and civil engineering in Libya
- Liaising with CIL Communication Department and providing information and data for ensuring the best possible communication about the activities (ACTED and CIL Websites, Newsletters, News in Brief).
- On Demand,
- Assisting the implementation of other ACTED projects related to Construction and civil engineering in Libya
o Collecting primary and secondary datas on demand, especially related to construction and civil engineering, or damage assessment
o Meeting potential local partners, and participating in developing new projects and new strategies in the field of reconstruction/rehabilitation
The project officer Construction and civil engineering in Libya is based in Benghazi, with possible travels in Tunis and Italy for programing purpose, and regular travels within the region of Benghazi and East Libya when necessary, following ACTED security procedures.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Closing date: 20th of Jan-2017