Wednesday, 15 August 2012 13:38
Job required: Administrative Assistant
Position: Administration Assistant
Location: Tripoli, Libya
Responsible to: Administrative Coordinator
Closing date: 23rd August 2012
Handicap International (HI), is a French INGO and has been present in Libya since March 2011 when an emergency response team deployed to Benghazi to begin Risk Education activities and assess the scale of the Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) contamination. The HI Libya Country Programme currently implements Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD), Mine and Small Arms Light Weapons (SALW) Risk Education, Community Liaison (CL) and specific activities that engage civil-society support for emerging disarmament initiatives.
HI works in close operational partnership with the LMAC, local authorities, the Joint Mine Action Coordination Team (JMACT), and a range of Libyan civil-society organisations. We also coordinate regularly with UN agencies and International NGOs on operational and strategic issues.
- Assist in insuring that payment procedures are followed
- Prepare the cheques according to the invoice
- Participate in evaluation of programme’s cash-flow requirements with site administrator and project managers
- Carry out the preparation and the filing of vouchers
- Assist in ensuring procedures for the commitment of expenditure are followed
- Check the validity and the appropriate nature of proves of purchase
- Participate in carrying out half-year and yearly closure
- Assist in keeping the programme’s organisation chart up-to-date
- Participate in the implementation of human resources management policy for national staff
- Assist in ensuring the registration of new staff with the relevant authorities (visas and permit for expat, INAS & tax for national staff)
- Organise and update information boards, particularly for HR documents and internal communications
- Placing of job advertisements in various media
- Participate in the follow up of recruitment process
- Assist in carrying out the administrative formalities related to the recruitment and the end or the termination of national staff’s contract
- Assist in the administrative follow-up and compiling of individual files (gathering recruitment doc, registration and payment for the local authorities, managing leave, paying salaries and allowances, sick leave, medical insurance...).
Support Service Team:
- Assist with supervision of the support service team, set objectives and carry out assessments of direct reports
- Assist in managing staff contracts, and if the need arises, co-validate disciplinary procedures with the Administrative Coordinator and Head of Mission.
- Assist in overseeing the team's career development: define training needs and provide guidance on professional development
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
You will have previous experience in Accounting, Human Resources and/or Administration. You will have strong analytical skills and the ability to support others, evaluate and negotiate appropriate options. You will be diplomatic and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. You will be sensitive to the needs of vulnerable groups. You will be fluent in English (written and spoken) and Arabic.
A PLUS: previous experience with international INGOs
Initial contract will be for a period of 6 months and the position is based at Tripoli, Libya
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer
Application Closing date is 23rd August 2012.
Please address all applications to: Or: