Tuesday, 14 August 2012 04:44
Company Name: United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL)
Job required: UNSMIL-GL-4-30/ 2012: Administrative Assistant GL-4 (Open for 15 days)
Vacant Job Opening (JO) for UN Administrative Assistant
UNSMIL-GL-4-30/ 2012 (Open for 15 days)
Title: Administrative Assistant
Post #: MIL1150000
Duty Station: Tripoli
Section: Public Information and Communication Section
Date of Issue: 14 August 2012
Deadline for applications: 27 August 2012
For Libyan Nationals ONLY
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply to the mentioned position
HOW TO APPLY:
STEP 1: Interested applicants should submit the following documents: The United Nations Personal History Form (P11); Copy of High school/secondary diploma; Copy of academic certificate(s); Copy of birth certificate or national passport; Three (3) letters of reference from former employers or academic instructors
The incumbent reports to the Chief of the Section. The Section produces daily news reports and multimedia products about the work of the UNSMIL in Libya. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Receives and screen all correspondence and other documents addressed to the Chief of the Office;
- Drafts/responds to routine correspondence (memos, notes, etc.) and emails; and ensure accuracy as necessary;
- Maintains calendar/schedules; monitor changes and communicate relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work office;
- Acts as back-up leave monitor and maintain attendance records for the Office;
- Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, meeting organization, reservations, office supply and equipment orders, etc.).
- Maintains a proper filing system and ensure updated archiving of these files;
- Operates and maintains a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, e.g. photocopier, facsimile, printer, scanner, etc.
- Performs other related duties as require
Professionalism â€“ Shows pride in work and in achievements. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to draft routine correspondence.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
Planning and Organizing Ability to plan own work to meet designated deadlines.
Client Orientation Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with supervisors and colleagues.
Qualifications Education: High school diploma. Post-secondary education at college, university or specialized training institution is an asset. Nature and level of specialized training should include office management/business administration and technical and communications skills.
Experience: At least four 3 to 4 years of progressively experience in administration/office management fields and in general office support and administration related areas.
Language: English and Arabic are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English and Arabic are required. Knowledge of another official UN Language is an asset.
Additional information Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY those applicants who are short listed will be notified. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. To ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.