Sunday, 22 July 2012 13:11
HSE Coordinator job in Libya
Posted By: Brunel Energy UK Ltd
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2012
Expiry Date:25 Jul 2012
Purpose of Job
• Assist HSE Advisor (Manager) with the strategy, design, implementation and continuous improvement of Oil Operations Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems (HSE-MS), considering guidelines and coordinating the work with the client.
• The HSE Coordinator reports functionally to the HSE Superintendent.
• The HSE Coordinator reports directly to the HSE Manager on the B.U.
• Support the implementation of client and industry best practices in Oil Operations
• Coordinate with B.U. HSE Manager the objectives and work plan.
• Coordinate with B.U. HSE Manager HSE support from the Second Party.
• Define and implement actions for the design, implementation and improvement of HSE Management Systems.
• Support the definition and follow up of HSE objectives and key performance indicators.
• Support the definition of human, technical and financial resources required for the implementation of HSE improvement projects.
• Support the definition and follow up of objectives for the HSE team.
• Perform / facilitates HSE risk evaluations (HAZID, HAZOP, etc) for all activities of the company. As a result control measures should be defined and implemented.
• Support line departments in HSE related issues (production, drilling, construction, etc)
• Participates in engineering projects providing support in safety and environmental issues from early stages of design to the final implementation. This requires a good understanding of safety and environment related engineering standards.
• Participates in asset integrity programs.
• Prepare periodic progress reports for management review, including HSE key performance indicators and project progress reports.
• Plan and coordinate the HSE internal/external audit program for the HSE MS and contractors, including the follow up of non-conformities and corrective actions implementation, ensuring that audit points are attended and closed out within the required time frame.
• Support the definition and implementation of HSE training programs.
• Assess and define actions to improve HSE reporting from all Company areas (hazard reporting, incidents, accidents, near misses, non-compliances, etc.)
• Assist the all the areas for accident/incident investigations, including support for the preparation of reports and presentations.
• Present and define improvement HSE projects and initiatives, as per the best available industry practices.
• Organize and participate in HSE follow up and information meetings with management.
• Support the organization and participate in periodical meetings (Tripoli, Field) with contractors to analyse HSE performance.
• Schedule regular visits to all field locations in order to support, assess and inspect the degree of implementation of HSE management systems.
• Design and implement HSE evaluations as part of tendering processes for new contracts and purchases, introducing the appropriate HSE requirements.
• Support the management of HSE communication throughout the organization.
• Degree on Engineering or similar
• Experience of at least five years in an HSE coordination role.
• Experience of at least five years working in production operations.
• Lead auditor ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001
• Good command of English (spoken and written)
• Good command of word, excel, power point, access. Basic programming is also desired.
• Good leadership skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in multicultural environments
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to adapt and to drive change
Qualifications: Diploma or equivalent