Tuesday, 29 May 2012 04:44
Company Name: Chemonics International
Job required: Field Program Assistance for Misrata and Nafusa
Chemonics International is seeking to hire two Field Program Assistance (FPAs) position in Misrata and Nafusa for the USAID funded Libya Transition Initiative (LTI) project. The LTI project began in September 2011 with the specific focus of supporting the transitional political process, promoting reconciliation, and building transparency and legitimacy of governance.
The project is currently helping new civil society organizations improve organizational capacity, developing public outreach campaigns to keep citizens informed about the transition process, and supporting emerging independent media outlets to Libya through the transition process. The Field Program Assistance (FPA) will play a key role in identifying potential grantees in the specified area, helping to oversee and monitor program activities, and help schedule and facilitate meetings with potential local grantee organizations. Fluency in written and spoken Arabic is required and capacity in written and spoken English is desirable.
Job will be located in either Misrata or Nafusa, with potential travel throughout Libya. This will be a six-month, full-time position with possibility for extension.
Additional responsibilities include.
•Help the PDO to identify potential grantees and develop grant proposals. Participate in the proposal review process if necessary.
•Work with the Grant Specialist to define grant implementation strategies as needed.
• Assist in preparation of grant budgets as required.
•Assist with all field activities.
•Monitor the progress of each grant along with the M&E Specialist and PDO.
•Provide program detail to the PDO as necessary for program reports.
•Assist PDO, other LTI staff, and others (as appropriate) in scheduling and facilitating meetings with past, current, and prospective grantees, and in providing updates and briefings on the evolving situation in the field.
•Conduct situational awareness and contextual analysis on the geographic and surrounding areas of the location of the FPA.
• Education: University/Baccalaureate degree required.
• Demonstrated experience in activity management focused on ensuring that procurement, finance, logistics, and programmatic aspects are being implemented on-time and in accordance with the specifications of the approved activity
• Experience with NGOs and/or community-based organizations is preferred, and an up-to-date understanding and knowledge of political and social conditions in Libya.
• Knowledge: Knowledge of Libyan social and political structures at the national, regional and local levels is highly desirable. Demonstrated ability and understanding of the political context in Libya, with the ability to think creatively in conceptualizing relevant grant activities.
• Skills and Abilities: A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is preferred.
• Good interpersonal and communications skills are required, as is the ability to organize the workload.
• Candidates should expect to work with Libyans from all backgrounds to implement program objectives and should have a positive attitude toward supporting transitional political processes in which all Libyans are welcome to participate.
• Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that communicates the established message of the LTI program.
• Employee will be required to travel, sometimes extensively, within Libya.