Monday, 28 May 2012 04:44
Job required: Associate Position in an International Law Firm in Tripoli, Libya
Mobile: +202 27980200
Fax: +202 27980295
We are a firm of trial lawyers specializing in business litigation and arbitration. We have
offices in Cairo, Paris and Tripoli. We handle a broad range of commercial and public
international law dispute work. We are seeking up to three lawyers with a minimum of
seven years experience, preferably with significant dispute resolution expertise in the
This is an associate level position that carries a high level of responsibility and requires
you to take the lead on some matters and to handle others as part of a team. It also
entails active involvement in business development initiatives throughout the world.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements:
• be a member of the Libyan Bar
• hold an advanced law degree from a recognized university
• have extensive experience of commercial arbitration and litigation
• be a native Arabic speaker and be proficient in English
• be capable of handling large and complex legal disputes in an autonomous manner
• collaborate effectively with lawyers and other professionals from diverse cultural backgrounds who possess varying skill-sets and linguistic capabilities
• be able to take on a challenging caseload and to work to exacting standards under the pressure of competing deadlines
• have excellent writing and advocacy skills
• be willing to travel extensively and spend assignment periods in the Firm’s other offices, at clients’ locations, and in foreign arbitration and litigation venues
• be comfortable using document review, case analysis, and court room technology
The Firm offers competitive terms of remuneration, including life and health insurance.
Interested applicants should submit a CV in PDF format, complete with references and
a passport-size photograph.
Interviews will be held in Tripoli during July and August 2012.
This vacancy is open until 30 June 2012 or until filled.
The Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.