Wednesday, 30 October 2013 12:25
Mechanical Engineer job in Libya
Posted By: Taknia Libya Engineering Company
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2013
Expiry Date: 5 Nov 2013
Senior Mechanical Engineer
The field senior mechanical engineer is responsible for all sites supervision of projects, plant modifications and maintenance activities in the existing facilities to ensure the activities are executed as per the scope of work.
The applicant shall have an MSc or BSc in mechanical engineering from accredited university or institution with minimum of 15 years of experience in the oil & gas industry. As a minimum he shall be capable of carrying out following function and provide evidence of experience in the same:
- Take a leading role in defining, analyzing, proposing and implementing solutions to technical problems relating to production facilities.
- Managing capital & mechanical engineering projects.
- Initiate & direct safety audits.
- Plan schedule and manage activities related to day by day maintenance, plant improvement & ongoing projects.
- Full implementation of the construction execution plan in the field.
- Prepare daily activities and maintain close contract with the contractor and/or maintenance staff.
- Mobilize personnel in accordance with staffing plan.
- Monitor performance of project from construction perspective.
- Provide repair procedure as required.
- Ensure that all relevant documentations (e.g. P&ID drawings, etc..) will be updated.
- Link with on site third party inspection for coordination of NDT inspection requirements.
- Ensure activities are conducted and completed in accordance to W.O.C standards.
- Maintain daily activities logs for projects and issue a close out statement after completion.
- Prepare work permits as required for each activity.
- Monitor business and technical environment to anticipate technology opportunities.
- Initiate, define and lead technical project to address these opportunities.
- Plan projects and coordinate installation with plant maintenance, production groups and outside contractors.
- Establish project objectives, tactics and plans.
- Develop safe, practical equipment designs and specifications.
- Provide technical supervision of installations and start-up of new or revised equipment.
- Collaborate on projects, reaching beyond traditional.
engineering responsibilities, to assist others as necessary to achieve goals.
- Foster collaborative relationships within and between organizations, project teams, and work groups, and with customers & suppliers,
- Fostering technical growth in others and mentoring others in field of experience
- Lead groups of engineers & technicians or multi disciplinary teams.
Minimum Requirements / Knowledge / Skill for Senior Mechanical engineering Job
- 15 years experience as Mechanical Engineer in Oil & Gas Industry
- Expert knowledge of mechanical drive systems and hydraulics /pneumatic systems.
- Experience developing safe, practical equipment designs and Specifications.
- Experience planning projects and coordinating installation arid start up for new or revised equipment.
- Experience with providing project management, technical oversight, and project follow-up on mechanical and capital project.
- Ability to develop and sell a concept / project for plant improvement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective project management and team leadership skills.
- Ability to mentor and influence.
- Work experience in live plants and hazardous areas.
- Should have multi discipline experience, leaning towards mechanical applications, welding & fabrication.
- Knowledge of various welding processes.
- Knowledge of hot tapping.
Minimum Education Requirements / Certification / Licesure for Senior Mechanical engineering Job
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
Qualifications: Bachelors Degree or equivalent.